Thursday, March 1, 2007

Last Week's Training (Late)

46¼ miles for the week

M – 4 miles, recovery run, pace 8:03 minutes per mile, 57°F at 4AM
Tu – 5¾ miles tempo run, average pace 6:43 mpm with the measured two miles in 13:18 and 13:15, 65°F at 4AM
W – 5¼ miles with 3x800/400rec, 8:17 mpm overall pace (800s in 3:04, 2:50, and 2:46 but I ran them in lanes 3 and 4 so the actual 800s were about 6 to 8 seconds faster than these times), 66°F at 7PM
Th – slept in
F - 10 miles, 7:41 mpm, overcast 66°F at 4PM
Sa – 7½ miles, easy at 8:01 pace, overcast and occasional light rain, 72°F at 1PM
Su – 13¾, average pace 7:30 mpm, sunny and nice dry air, 68°F starting at Noon. I was able to pick up the pace a little near the end of the run.


I’m still dealing with a scratchy throat and cough. This has been a very busy week at work and I’ve been pretty emotionally drained by the death of my son’s friend. I guess I just wasn’t ready to deal with the loss of another one of those guys. My son is going to be able to go to his funeral up in Ohio.

1 comment:

Faithful Soles said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your son's friend. Those times are never easy, but somehow we make it through. I am glad to hear that your throat is feeling better. With these drastic changes in weather here in Texas, it's no wonder we all aren't coming down with something. Just a couple of days ago in Houston it was 80, and this morning's low was in the 30's, go figure.

I wanted to also follow up and thank you again for linking your blog to our Running Blog Database. It has now grown to bloggers from 36 states in the US and 20 other countries of all ages and abilities and has become a great resource for members to find blogs that meet their specific goals and interests.