Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Last Week's Training

59 for the week

M – 7 miles, recovery 8:32 mpm, 57°F at 2PM
Tu – 9 general aerobic 6:48 mpm I felt great and got a little carried away in the second half of this run. 54°F at Noon, pretty nice day with high thin clouds to sun
W – 6½ overall average pace 7:56 mpm, 54°F at 7PM
Th – 8½ overall average pace 7:12 mpm with 3x1Mile in 5:54, 5:53, and 5:52, 53°F from 11AM
F – 7 recovery 8:29 mpm, 61°F at 10AM
Sa – 8 general aerobic, steady pace at 6:54 mpm, 64°F at 2PM
Su – 13 at 6:42 mpm overall average: My wife had an early morning flight from IAH so I just happened to be near downtown Houston just before 7AM on a Sunday. This gave me the opportunity to run one of the Tornado’s infamous Sunday morning long runs. I was foolish enough to try and keep up with Joe O, Leno, JC, and Jack. Wow! On the way back to Memorial Park they were hitting some sub-6 miles; what a ride. 54°F from 7AM

There are different ways to taper with several possible combinations of reductions in volume and intensity. I got a little carried away with the intensity this week. I didn’t plan on running that many miles faster than 7:00 mpm. I guess this is my low volume, high intensity taper experiment.
I still feel pretty fresh despite a nagging sore throat.

No comments: