Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 1 of 18 Training for Houston '08

Days since last run less than 70°F: 143 (April 27th)
Hurricane Humberto brought in some cooler and drier air with the temperature and dewpoints closer to 70°F this week. I finished my recovery run this morning and still had some dry spots on the front corners of my shorts!


65¾ miles for the week

M – 4¾ miles recovery run, average pace 8:32 mpm, 81°F at 4AM [Dow]
Tu – 8 miles general aerobic fairly hard, average pace 7:05 mpm, 79°F at 4AM mostly cloudy [2xDow-]
W – 12 miles medium long run, average pace 7:40 mpm, 78°F at 4PM steady rain from the outer bands of Hurricane Humberto (then a Tropical Storm) [SeaC/NTrail-2x2M+1M/SeaC]
Th – 7 miles recovery run, average pace 8:51 mpm, clear 75°F at 7AM [SeaC/NTrail/SeaC]
F - 10 miles general aerobic fairly hard for the temperature, average pace 7:42 mpm, 90°F at 12:30PM, sun with occasional clouds [SeaC/NTrail-2M1M/SeaC]
Sa – 7 miles recovery run, average pace 8:20 mpm, 88°F at 12:30PM, sun [SeaC/NTrail/SeaC]
Su – 17 miles Long Run, 7:25 mpm pretty steady pace the whole way, clear blue sky and a little drier air, 78°F to 81°F starting at 8AM with the dewpoint near 70°F [SeaC/NTrail-2M1M/SeaC//SeaC/NTrail/SeaC]

I stayed fairly close to the Pfitz 18/70+ schedule this week. The Thursday and Saturday recovery runs were a mile long just because I enjoy running the whole trail. It must be getting close to hunting season. I ran into a male white-tailed deer with an enormous set of antlers during each of the runs down the trail this week. I think he likes to stay in the city park while the hunters are out.

The HARRA Cross Country Relay is this Saturday. My wife's been talking about going to San Antonio this weekend, but I'm hoping I can convince her I need to run this race. I think my recent slow times have bumped me from the main Tornados team, but I might be able to make it on one of the lower level teams.

1 comment:

Mir said...

Your comment about having some dry spots on your shorts gave me a good chuckle. I hope it cools down soon!