Thursday, September 6, 2007

New Shoes

My new shoes finally arrived. With over 840 miles on my old DS Trainers, I really needed a new pair. These are Adidas Rotterdam IVs that I picked up cheap (I think they've been discontinued). I took them out on the track Wednesday evening and I think they're going to work for me. I like the minimal Clima-Cool uppers, they seem well suited for this hot weather. My size 13s weigh considerably less than the DS Trainers: 10 5/8 ounces versus 12 7/8 for the old DSTs.







Of course with the new shoes I had to do a few fast miles. I ran 3 miles GMP with a mile warmup and cooldown. The middle miles were 6:30, 6:30, and 6:26. There was still some sun and it was 88 degrees with the dewpoint in the upper 70s. The weather forecasters are promising a "cold" front Tuesday, but I haven't seen a forecast for anything lower than 70. But 70 degrees would feel pretty cool!

Here are the old DS Trainers


March 28, 2007 to September 5, 2007
846 miles

1 comment:

GB said...

I am diggin' your new shoes. Yellow is my favorite color! I hope they work well for you.