Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back on Track: Week 2 of Houston Marathon Training

67¼ miles for the week

M – 5¾ miles recovery run, average pace 8:43 mpm, 73°F at 4AM [Dow/BS]
Tu – 6¾ miles general aerobic fairly hard, average pace 7:05 mpm, 76°F at 4AM [SB/Dow/BS]
W AM - 6¼ miles general aerobic, average pace 7:34 mpm, 79°F at 4AM [Dow/BS/Ol]
W PM – 7 miles with 4 miles at MP, average pace 6:42 mpm, 80°F at 7PM sun to stars [B’Wood track]
Th – 4¾ miles recovery run, average pace 8:26 mpm, 73°F at 4AM [Dow]
F - 11 miles general aerobic, average pace 7:32 mpm, 69°F from 6:50AM, beautiful sunrise to a blue sky [SeaC/SSTrail-2x2M/SeaC]
Sa – 7¾ miles with 2 miles in the HARRA Cross Country Relay Race, 87°F to 84°F at Hobby from 5 to 6PM, sun to sunset [Houston MemDrive Trail]
Su – 18 miles Long Run, 7:39 mpm, bright sun and a clear blue sky with nice dry air, 82°F to 84°F starting at 10:50AM with the dewpoint near 60°F [Oak-OCD-S.Oaks-RR-Oak//SeaC/SSTrail-2M/SeaC]

I actually had salt stains on me after Sunday’s long run. It’s amazing how nice the 80s can feel when the air isn’t so humid. This week ended up being very similar to Week 2 last year. The weather was even a little better this year.

1 comment:

go annie said...

Great week of running! Ahhh... I'm so envious. The weather is getting cooler and I'm inside cross training. I've canceled my January marathon because of my injury, but I will be cheering you on. What is your time goal?