Thursday, October 23, 2008

First 20+ Long Run: Week 5

78½ miles for the week (October 13th through the 19th)

M AM – 7 miles recovery run, average pace 8:26 mpm, 81°F at 8:30AM, went to work after 10AM [SeaC/SSTrail/SeaC]
M PM – missed (at work)
Tu – 8¾ miles general aerobic, average pace 7:27 mpm, warm and humid with sweat-soaked shoes again, 78°F at 4AM [Dow/Dow-]
W AM - 8¾ miles general aerobic, average pace 7:07 mpm, 79°F at 4AM sweat-soaked shoes again [Dow/Dow-]
W PM – 8 miles on the track, average pace 7:14 mpm, 80°F at 7PM sweat-soaked shoes again [B’Wood track]
Th – 6¾ miles recovery run, average pace 8:36 mpm, occasional rain 79°F at 4AM [Dow/2xBS]
F - 9¼ miles general aerobic, average pace 6:55 mpm, 66°F from 4AM felt so much better [Dow/Dow-/Ol]
Sa – 9 miles recovery run, average pace 8:33 mpm, 79°F at 4PM [SeaC/SSTrail-2M/SeaC]
Su – 21 miles, average pace 7:26 mpm, 70°F to 75°F starting at 9AM, [SeaC/SSTrail-7x2M/SeaC]

The 21-miler was tougher than I thought it would be. I started out a little late, so the sun was warm, but the air was nice and dry. The air was so dry I even had salt deposits all over me after the run! But my body isn't used to the demands of a run that long. I was wiped out the rest of the day.

The weather looks pretty good for the Houston Half Marathon Sunday morning. The power plant is finishing a refueling outage so I could be called in to work anytime this weekend. I think the schedule should let me run Sunday morning. With the nice weather, I don't want to repeat last year.

No comments: