Tuesday, November 6, 2007

New Shoes



I got a new pair of Nike Air Zoom Elite 3 shoes. They're a little heavier than the Adidas Rotterdams (about 1 ½ ounces heavier for my size 13s). I still think of the Rotterdams as new, but they have well over 600 miles. The new Nike AZE shoes should last most of November and December and then I'll have to buy another new pair for the marathon in January.
I liked the Rotterdams. The Climacool feature kept them from absorbing too much sweat, but the holes in the soles were a little strange running through puddles. The shoes had pretty low heels and I think they might have aggravated my Achilles tendon. I'm hoping the new Nike Zoom Elites with their substantial heels will help.




What 600+ miles does to a pair of shoes



While I'm messing with pictures, here's a gator I saw during Saturday's run hanging out along the bayou behind my house.

1 comment:

Mir said...

Wow, those shoes sure have taken a beating. I like that you think of the 600-mile pair as still new. I suspect if I ran your kind of mileage I would think the same. :)