Thursday, April 23, 2009

Running Boston Vicariously

I couldn't go to Boston this year, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the race. My coworkers surrounding my cubicle already know I'm crazy, but I'm sure that impression was confirmed while I cheered for Kara, Ryan, and the locals Monday morning. Here are some highlights I've stumbled across.

Kara making the turn from Hereford onto Boylston at the fire station.

The three women race down Boylston Street



Ryan Hall heading up Hereford


Hall taking third place. (from Ryan's Boston blog)


Ryan throwing the first pitch at Fenway.


Elite fluids staged near the 30K point (from KG's 30K/20M pictures)




The Boston Globe has many great pictures
Merga Breaks the Tape


Tune collapses after being edged out at the finish line


40 year old Coleen DeReuck pushed the pace early


Jim Rhodes has volumes of pictures from 1 mile, 30K, and 20 miles.

And of course, here are some of my old Boston pictures.

No comments: