Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Long Absence

I'm still running, but I've been pretty discouraged over the past couple of months. To avoid sounding too whiny, I've avoided posting. The marathon training cycle didn't go as I had planned. I was irritated by my left knee problems and they re-appeared in February. To make matters worse, I've gained about ten pounds over the last four weeks. I was coming back again a few weeks ago with the prospect of running a June marathon near my aunt's home in Northwest Iowa. But the power plant changed the schedule for one of my pump overhauls to that week. I'm already whining too much.

I'm going to try and get back on track after Saturday's Bayou City 10K. I can't expect much for the race, but hopefully getting back to Houston and seeing everyone again will help.

No comments: