Monday, February 1, 2010

My Shoe Has a Blister

During Thursday's run, I thought I had something in my shoe near the ball of my left foot. I tried scrunching up my toes but it never moved. On Friday the "item" was still at the same spot. I took the shoe off and found a large bump on both the inside and the outsole.



These Nike Air Zoom Elites only have 737 miles on them. I think they will be my last pair of Nike shoes for a while. I'm back to the online shoe stores, looking for another pair of Saucony Tangents this time.

37¼ miles for the week (January 25th to 31st)

M - sleep, 47°F at 4AM
Tu - 5¼ miles at 6:59 pace, 50°F at 4AM
W - 5 miles with 4x800/400rec with an overall average 7:12 pace, 800s at 2:54 to 2:52, 63°F at 7PM
Th - 5¾ miles recovery run at 8:26 pace, 64°F at 4AM
F - 6 miles recovery run at 8:20 pace, 49°F at 3PM
Sa - 7 miles at 7:07 pace, 43°F from 2:30PM
Su - 8¼ miles, average 6:58 pace, 40°F from 5PM

I missed two recent local races. I had to work last Saturday and missed a 5K/10K on the beach in Surfside. This week I planned to run the Angleton 10K, but lying in my nice warm bed Saturday morning I had no motivation to leave the covers much less race for 6+ miles. I hate to miss local races and I'm already 0 for 2 in 2010.

I am excited about the 2010 Spring Series. I won't be able to run the Bayou City 10K because I'll be vacationing in the UK for a couple of weeks. But I did find an interesting looking half marathon in Inverness that weekend. The competition looks fierce (there's a really fast local Scotsman over 50), but I'm thinking about making it my primary race this Spring. It should be fun.

No comments: