Thursday, October 29, 2009

Week 6: I Need New Shoes

My current running shoes, Mizuno Elixirs, now have over 900 miles on them. I think I'm starting to feel it too, especially in the lower legs. I've been searching shoe sales, but I haven't found a pair of lightweight support shoes for under $70. To make matters worse, I lost my work shoes at the power plant on Monday. I had to walk in pouring rain from the office building to the plant, getting my shoes completely soaked. And wet shoes are contamination magnets:



So I had to buy new work shoes Monday evening. I still don't have new running shoes.





72 miles for Week 6 (October 19th to October 25th)

M AM - 6¼ miles recovery run at 8:26 pace, 58°F at 4AM
M PM - 4 miles recovery run at 8:03 pace on the treadmill at the power plant
Tu - 10 miles general aerobic at 7:19 pace, 76°F at 4AM
W AM - 8¾ miles general aerobic at 7:31 pace, 79°F at 4AM
W PM - 6 miles on the track, average pace 7:05, 79°F and very humid at 7PM
Th - 6¾ miles recovery run at 8:41 pace, raining and 76°F at 4AM
F - 5¾ miles general aerobic at 7:35 pace, a very nice 56°F at 4AM but I drove to San Antonio Thursday evening to pick up my daughter from UTSA and didn't make it back home until after midnight
Sa - 7 miles recovery at 9:00 pace, 73°F at Noon, very nice and sunny!
Su - 17 miles with a half marathon race averaging 6:48 pace, overcast to partly cloudy, Hobby Airport had 66 to 71°F from 7AM, with the dewpoint going from 58 to 61°F and a east-southeast wind at 5 to 8 mph. A little better than the humid 75 to 76°F down on the coast where I live.

The half marathon was another disappointment. I wish there was more time until the 25K.


Good luck to everyone running the New York City Marathon Sunday, including Peter Sagal from Wait-Wait Don't Tell Me!

You can't mention NYC without Grete
Photo Gallery: NYC Marathon: Grete Waitz - Universal Sports

1 comment:

Steve Regis said...

I think you have to play craps to get a new pair of shoes!