Monday, July 9, 2007

Last Week: A Fizzled Four Miler

Days since last run less than 80°F: 5 (July 4th)
Days since last run less than 70°F: 73 (April 27th)

51¾ miles for the week
M – 7 miles, average pace 8:42 mpm, 77°F at noon with steady rain and flooding from earlier heavy rains [SeaC/NTrail/SeaC]
Tu – 5¾ miles, easy run re-painting the FC4 course and the ⅛ mile marks in MacLean Park, average pace 8:35 mpm, 84°F at 11AM [FC4/MacL]
W – 8½ miles, with a 4-mile race at 6:18 mpm, 79°F at 8AM with steady rain [FC4/Dunbar]
Th – 7 miles, average pace 8:24 mpm, 81°F at noon [SeaC/NTrail/SeaC]
F - 7 miles, average pace 7:35 mpm, 90°F at 3PM, blue sky to the south, storm clouds to the north [SeaC/NTrail/SeaC]
Sa – 7½, average pace 8:01 mpm, partly cloudy with sun 90°F at 11:30AM, had to turn around on the mountain bike trail because of all of the standing water in the woods [SeaC/NTrail-MBT-/SeaC]
Su – 9, average pace 7:53 mpm, 90°F at 11AM [SeaC/NTrail-2M/SeaC]

The heavy rains early in the week allowed some runs below 80°F, but I could have done without the flooding. The woods are still filled with water and I’m afraid the mosquitoes are going to emerge this week.

I was happy with the overall mileage this week but my performance in the 4-mile race on the 4th was disappointing. I'll try and improve in the next one. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to run the Lunar Rendezvous or the East Bernard Running of the Bulls, but I'll certainly make the local Clute Mosquito Chase at the end of the month.

No comments: