Friday, June 8, 2007

Summer's Here

The low temperature this Friday morning was 84.6 degrees F. It's been fog-up-your-glasses, full strength heat and humidity here this week. I'm still just running every other day, but I did manage a couple of decent runs.


It was 79°F at 4AM, for Tuesday's tempo run. I was running a little late so I skipped the mile warmup and ramped up pretty quickly into two miles hard on the “Dow-Minus”, continued to push the ¾ miles to the Dow turnaround and then two more hard miles on the “Dow-Minus” return. The measured “Dow-Minus” two-miles were 13:39 going out and coming back was 13:01. Total was a 26:40, not great but my best ever “Dow-Minus” tempo run in June. My glasses stayed fogged over for the entire run, from the time I left the house until I came back into the air conditioned house. I ended up with 6:44 mpm for 4¾ miles.

Wednesday evening I went to the track and did 2M/400rec/1M. It was 85 degrees at 7PM and the sun was still pretty warm. My splits for the 2M were 6:14 and 6:10 and my 1M was a 6:09. Overall average was 6:51 mpm for 5½ miles.

The ankle still feels good. I don't think I'm going to keep on running these tempo runs. Today should be a longer slower run (especially with this heat).

1 comment:

GB said...

I see your speed has not been adversely affected by your ankle. You're as fast as ever.

I don't know HOW you run in that humidity. The heat I can take, the humidity would wipe me out, but good.

Glad your ankle is strong again.