Thursday, November 6, 2008

Warning Signs: Week 7

78¼ miles for the week (October 27th to November 2nd)

M (1) – 8 miles recovery run, average pace 8:30 mpm, sunny and windy 66°F at 2PM, waiting to go to work for the final refueling outage inspections [SeaC/SSTrail-1M/SeaC]
M (2) – 4½ miles recovery run, average pace 8:53 mpm, 63°F at 6PM, still waiting to go to work [FlagR-P-P/Ol]
Tu – missed a scheduled 11 mile run with 5 miles at LT, was woken by a call to go to work and didn’t make it home until nearly midnight, 47°F at 4AM
W AM - 10 miles general aerobic, average pace 7:03 mpm, a nice and cool 47°F at 6:30AM, slept in a little and went to work at 10AM [SeaC/Dow/MacLSSTrail/SeaC]
W PM – 7 miles on the track, average pace 6:33 mpm, with 5 miles at LT - average pace 6:15 mpm, 65°F at 7PM [B’Wood track]
Th – 6¼ miles recovery run, average pace 8:25 mpm, 66°F at 4AM [Dow/BS/Ol]
F - 15 miles medium long run, average pace 7:26 mpm, 76°F from 11AM [SeaC/SSTrail-4x2M/SeaC]
Sa – 5¾ miles recovery run, average pace 8:06 mpm, 65°F at 5AM, had to work on this Saturday [Dow/BS]
Su – 21¾ miles, average pace 7:31 mpm, 74°F to 76°F starting at 9AM, [Oak-OCD-Soaks-BCC-Oak//SeaC/SSTrail-2M1M/SeaC]

This was another busy week at the power plant. Tuesday was my first zero mileage day since Hurricane Ike. I was able to run the tempo run Wednesday evening on the track and was very happy with the results. I felt very much in control, finishing the full five miles at LT with a 6:08 mile and feeling as though I could easily run a couple more at that pace. But on Friday I started getting a worrisome "niggle" from my left knee. Once every mile or so I'd get a strange feeling just after toe-off. The problem recurred during Sunday's long run. This has been a pretty fast buildup since Hurricane Ike. I really hope I haven't done too much too soon.

The weather looks decent for the 25K race. I'd really like to hammer this race, but I'm also concerned about aggaravating the left knee.

No comments: